The USA has been a popular travel destination since the glamorization of its culture and lifestyle in movies. But, due to the extremely long flights involved in reaching most parts of America from Japan, many Japanese travelers are looking to do everything they can to make this process easier. If you have a Japanese passport, you’ll be happy to know that you can easily enter the US by having a US ESTA on hand.
The US ESTA is the only document the American government asks Japanese citizens for. It means that you don’t need to apply for a traditional US Visa for Japanese Citizens.
Using our easy electronic visa process is an excellent idea if you want to reduce the time and stress associated with the journey. At iVisa.com, we help you with your travel documents, including the US ESTA, making it possible for you to avoid stress when you arrive on American soil.
To learn more details about the US ESTA, keep reading the information in this article.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
DO I NEED A US VISA FOR JAPANESE CITIZENS IF I HAVE A JAPANESE PASSPORT?
You need a document, but it’s not a visa, just an ESTA. The US doesn’t permit anyone to pass their borders without a visa or an ESTA. In other words, you might be part of the US “Visa Waiver Program”, but you still need to apply for an ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization), before going to the US.
WHAT IS A US ESTA?
The Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) is a computerized system that helps to determine eligibility to travel to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). With this program, the authorities check basic details entered by travelers and therefore, decide if this person can enter the US or not.
Most of the time, all the travelers that apply for the US ESTA can enter the US without any issues. It’s not common to be rejected unless the authorities feel you’re a security threat to the nation.
HOW LONG CAN I STAY IN THE US WITH AN ESTA?
You can stay in the US for 90 days Per Entry, even though the ESTA is valid for 2 years after issued.
Once you have your ESTA, it is a multi-travel document, so you will have Multiple Entry rights.
WHAT ITEMS DO I NEED TO APPLY ONLINE?
We won’t ask for many things for you to get your ESTA on time. Nevertheless, keep in mind that the following list of items might change if you decide to apply for the ESTA with another website. Our list is very short and simple:
- Firstly, you need to have a valid passport with a digital chip containing bio-metric info.
- This passport must have at least 6-month validity from the planned date of entry.
- You also have to remember your passport number while applying.
- You need a valid email address to receive the ESTA.
- Lastly, you need a valid payment alternative to pay for the service. You can pay with Paypal or a debit/credit card if you prefer.
WHAT IS THE PRICE OF THE US VISA FOR JAPANESE APPLICANTS?
The processing time you choose will determine the price. Don’t forget that these prices are based on the US ESTA, as you don’t need a US paper visa. As for your processing options, they are as follows:
- Standard processing: selecting this option means that your request will be processed within just 24 hours. As far as the price goes, you’ll be charged only USD 48.50 (service fees included).
- Rush processing: this time your US ESTA will be ready in 8 hours. You have to pay USD 80.00 (service fees included) for it.
- Super Rush processing: if you want your visa right away, you can opt for this timeframe and have your application processed within 2 hours. However, as you may expect, it will cost you more. You will be charged USD 108.50 (service fees included).
HOW CAN I APPLY FOR A US ESTA?
Nobody likes forms, but you’ll probably appreciate this one more than any. iVisa.com has created a three-step application process that isn’t challenging to complete. In case you need any assistance with this online form, you can contact iVisa.com’s support service 24/7, and they will gladly help you.
- The first step consists of giving your personal information like your name, address, passport info, and other things like that. During this point, you must also select the processing time.
- Step two will ask you to make the payment and review every single piece of the information you gave in step one. It’s essential that the info you give us is accurate and correct. Corrections are only possible if your application hasn’t been processed. Once your ESTA is ready, corrections are no longer possible and you will have to go through the process again. Just review carefully everything that you put in.
- The last step consists of a personal questionnaire and document upload. Depending on your circumstance, you may be notified to upload some additional requirements.
You can start your form here. In case you need assistance to fill in the application form, iVisa.com has a fantastic support service at your disposal.
DO I HAVE TO APPLY FOR MY CHILDREN?
Yes, accompanied and unaccompanied children (regardless of age) have to get their own ESTA before their travel to the U.S. Children listed on their parents’ passports don’t qualify for an ESTA. Don’t forget that your children must have their own (valid) passport to qualify for an ESTA.
HOW SAFE IS IVISA.COM?
We offer reliable services on iVisa.com because we focus on protecting your information while processing your ESTA so you can have it on your email asap. This way, you won’t have to waste time in vain, and you won’t have to risk your information on dangerous websites. If you’re not sure about the benefits of using our platform, you can learn more in our client reviews here.
WHERE DO I FIND MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE US VISA FOR JAPANESE?
You can find more tips and important details about the US Visa for Dutch Citizens on this link. Alternatively, you can also get personal assistance if you prefer by chatting with us online.
We welcome the readers to write a blog for us.