Do you own a Netgear EX2700 extender? If the answer is yes, then you would definitely want to enhance its WiFi performance. Well, if you are looking for a reliable solution to improve your extender’s performance, then this article is written for you. Here, we will reveal some hidden tactics using which you can improve the performance of your Netgear EX2700 extender. Continue reading.
Methods to Enhance Netgear EX2700 Performance
- Correct Location is Crucial
The location of your Netgear EX2700 extender contributes a lot to its performance. If placed correctly, your WiFi device can do wonders. And if not, then you won’t be able to extract the best performance even after properly performing Netgear EX2700 setup. Here are a few points that you need to consider while choosing the correct location for your WiFi device:
- Always choose a tidy and well-ventilated room to place your Netgear EX2700 extender.
- Make sure that your Netgear extender is placed away from corners and concrete walls.
- Apart from that, the extender should be kept away from devices emitting radio waves, reflexive surfaces, and metal objects. This is because they can create hurdles in the path of your Netgear EX2700 extender’s WiFi signals.
- Bring Your WiFi Devices Closer
The extender amplifies the WiFi signals that are emitted by your router and transmits them to the entire home. If the distance between both your WiFi devices is too much, then they won’t be able to communicate effectively. It can also result in poor internet connection. Therefore, it is advised to reduce the distance between your Netgear EX2700 extender and the router.
- Do not place your Netgear EX2700 extender and the router too close as it can result in a clash of their WiFi signals.
- Firmware Update is Necessary
Firmware is software embedded in every Netgear range extender that manages its functionality. Timely updating the Netgear EX2700 extender’s firmware will fix bugs and errors, it is always advised to keep the firmware of the Netgear extender updated.
Given below are the instructions that will help you update the firmware of your Netgear range extender:
- Firstly, switch on your Netgear EX2700 extender and let the power LED turn solid green.
- Now, connect your extender and router.
- Thereafter, turn on your computer and open a web browser that is running on its latest version.
- Download the firmware update file for your Netgear EX2700 extender and save it to a convenient location on your computer.
- Thenceforth, open a new tab and move to the address bar.
- Type mywifiext.local into it.
- Press the Enter key.
- Log in to your Netgear EX2700 extender by filling in the default admin details.
- On the Netgear Genie dashboard, click Settings > Firmware Update.
- Lastly, upload the firmware file and let your device update.
In this manner, you can perform a Netgear extender firmware update.
- Change the WiFi Channel
The channel on which your Netgear EX2700 extender operates Is also one of the most important factors that affect the performance of your WiFi device.
Therefore, it is recommended to select the least crowded WiFi channel for your Netgear extender. You can change the WiFi channel by accessing the Netgear extender setup wizard.
Quick Tip: You can also improve the performance of your Netgear EX2700 extender by connecting it to the router via an Ethernet cable. Doing so will minimize the chances of WiFi signals being interfered with by physical obstructions and allow flawless transmission of signals.
So, this is how you can enhance the performance of your Netgear EX2700 extender. Let’s wrap up with the hope that you will be able to do so and make the most out of your WiFi extender.