While Australia was ranked the 10th cleanest country in 2019, many air pollutants still circulate the atmosphere. So, to avoid frequent visits to the E.R., investing in dust monitors australia can be a huge game-changer.
What is a dust particulate monitor?
Dust, dead skin, mites, soot, soil, smoke, and other tiny particulate matter can cause serious health problems, especially when highly sensitive. Monitoring dust particles- absurd as it may sound, can help keep an individual healthy or a highly sensitive machine from breaking down due to the accumulation of particulates in the air. Luckily, there are new innovative solutions to ensure one’s health. Dust monitors are made to analyze the air quality and to determine the level of airborne pollutants.
Dust monitors can detect and measure the contaminants in the air. Having a dust monitor can help you minimize the potential problems that can affect your health.
How do you choose the best dust monitor?
There are four factors you should consider before buying a dust monitor:
- Check the accuracy of the sensor.
The main pollutants in Australia’s air are carbon monoxide, nitrogen dioxide, ozone, and particulate matter. So, a huge factor when purchasing dust monitors australia is making sure that the machine’s sensors are precise, have good resolution, and can be calibrated to function for different environments.
While you do your research, you also want to find tests that can compare the results from the device to the ones professionals use. A deviation of less than 10% is a good indication of accuracy. In addition, find out about the device’s accuracy and overall performance. Finally, check the specs and range or the measurable limit of the device. For example, some dust monitors measure only up to a certain concentration level, but in reality, their average indoor environment exceeds the limit by two to five-fold.
Your chosen device must be simple and user-friendly because, ultimately, you want your air to be simple, fast, and convenient. All of these are apparent to the unit’s display and design.
Ideally, dust monitors are stationed in one area of a particular structure. However, if you move from one room to another, you might want to consider a lightweight device and easy to carry. It would be wise to pick something that is rechargeable and has good battery life. Find something that you can protect you anytime, even when you’re driving, at the gym, or for nights when you forget to charge it.
- Features and other qualities.
Every person has different needs from another. But here are other features you might want to consider when picking the right device for you.
- Connectivity. We now live in a modern society where most appliances and gadgets pair wirelessly. For example, dust monitors function the same and can even connect to the web to make it more functional and have automated control of the appliance. Find monitors that can support IFTTT, Apple HomeKit, or other IoT applications.
- Noise. Most monitors are placed in the bedroom, where you would want to rest. Having a loud device may impede your restful night’s sleep. Get a device that gives you the best functionality but can work quietly.
- Response time. Apart from making sure that your device works accurately, a device that can deliver fast monitoring display makes it easier for you to check the readings from time to time.
Ultimately, the reason for purchasing a dust monitor is to constantly monitor the air quality of your environment. While usability and portability are the key factors you should consider before buying one, your monitor’s accuracy is the primary factor you should consider.