It becomes difficult to access a high-speed internet connection when a cluster of client devices is connected to the Netgear router’s network. The problem worsens when the internet connection fluctuates during an important meeting or an online exam. In that case, enabling the dynamic QoS on the Netgear Nighthawk router will be of great help.
The Dynamic QoS feature is a unique feature offered by Netgear Nighthawk that allows the user to optimize the router’s internet traffic management capabilities using better application and device identification techniques. Also, it uses techniques like bandwidth allocation and traffic prioritization to reduce traffic congestion when the internet bandwidth is limited and different devices require different bandwidth. Furthermore, you can either enable the advanced QoS or set up the QoS rules manually or enable the dynamic QoS. Out of these three options, enabling the dynamic QoS feature will allow the router to automatically prioritize the internet traffic for you. Now, let’s head over the process to enable dynamic QoS on your device by accessing the Netgear router login page. So, let’s get started.
Steps to Enable Dynamic QoS on Netgear Router
- Plug your Netgear Nighthawk router into an electrical outlet.
- Switch on your router and wait for the power LED to light up solid green.
- Thereafter, grab a network cable.
- Connect your Nighthawk router to the modem using it.
- Now, turn on your desktop
- Open a web browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Opera, Microsoft Internet Explorer, etc
- Move the cursor of the mouse to the URL field of the web browser
- Type the Netgear router’s default web address in it
- Press the Enter key.
- The Nighthawk router login screen will welcome you prompting you to enter the device’s admin details.
- So, type the default username and password of your Netgear Nighthawk router in their respective fields
- Click the Log In button.
- You will see the Netgear Nighthawk setup wizard.
- Now, select the QoS option.
- The QoS page will appear on the screen.
- Now, select the Enable QoS check box and select the Dynamic QoS radio button.
- A page displaying certain settings of your Netgear Nighthawk router will come into view.
- You will be prompted to select the Internet Bandwidth out of the following options:
- Let the Speed Test Detect My Internet Bandwidth
- I Want to Define My Internet Bandwidth
- Select the desired option.
- Lastly, click the Apply button.
- Your dynamic QoS settings will get saved.
By going through the guidelines mentioned above, you will be able to enable the dynamic QoS feature on your Netgear Nighthawk router. On the off-chance you face issues amidst the process, read the troubleshooting hacks discussed in the next section.
Fixed: Can’t Enable Dynamic QoS on Router
- Make sure that your Netgear Nighthawk router and modem are receiving a consistent power supply. In other words, do not use damaged wall sockets to power up your WiFi devices.
- There needs to be a firm connection between your Nighthawk router and the host modem. That is why the usage of the damage-free Ethernet cable is advised. If the Ethernet cable you are using is damaged, replace it with a new one, or even better alternative, select a wireless source to connect your devices. However, the distance between your WiFi devices needs to be safe throughout and after the entire process of enabling the dynamic QoS.
- Did you disable the antivirus software installed on your PC before accessing the Netgear Nighthawk login page? Probably not. Although antivirus software act as a sentinel to protect your device from security threats, it can halt access to a few networking sites including routerlogin.net.
- The web browser you are using to enable the dynamic QoS feature on your Netgear Nighthawk router needs to be cache and cookies free. Above all, it needs to be running on an updated version.
- Do not make mistakes while making entrees. Entrees here refer to the default details of the Nighthawk router. If you are unaware of the default details of the router, consider taking the help of the Netgear user manual.
- Last but not least, ensure that you have completed the Netgear router setup process using the Nighthawk app.
In the Nutshell
Prioritizing the internet traffic optimizes the internet usage experience. Not only this, but it will also reduce the congestion in the home network. Here’s to hope that after implementing the above-discussed troubleshooting methods, you will be able to enable the dynamic QoS on your Netgear Nighthawk router and get the most out of it.