This Cosco Scenera Next Convertible car seat will grow with your child. Car seats for infants tend to be rear-facing the convertible car seat may start facing the rear before being changed to face towards the front as your child grows.
They’re usually cheaper since it is only necessary to purchase only one seat, instead of the two. At the point that your child has grown out of their convertible seat they’re ready to get the booster. It is the Scenera is a budget-friendly choice and is among the most inexpensive convertible pink cosco car seat available on the market.
The Cosco Scenera NEXT is astonishingly affordable- it is only a tenth of that of our other top car seats. In terms of safety it’s pretty basic bones (though it exceeds or meets all safety standards set by the federal government). We like this car seat as a car seat that can be used as a travel seat or as a second car seat due to its lightweight slim, compact, simple to put in, and, did we mention, cheap?
Things We Love
- Absolutely Expensive: Less than $50. This is not a typo.
- Travel-friendly:The Cosco Scenera NEXT is the ideal car seat to travel with. It’s light, cheap and is even compatible to it’s Mountain Buggy Nano stroller using this clever trick.
- Easy Installation: The Scenera NEXT is a simple installation using a seat belt, or LATCH, but it does require some strength for the belt installation. Like any other belt installation the user will have to push downwards on your seat and pull on the belt in order to achieve an ideal fitting.
- Supports Three-Across: At only 17 inches in width the NEXT allows you to put in three car seats inside the back of your car’s rear row.
- It is light: At only 11 pounds it is among the lightest convertible seats that is available. This is fantastic news for people who have to carry their Scenera through the airport.
- decent looking In Moon Mist This Cosco Scenera comes in a myriad of colors that can be very hard for the eyes. But, Moon Mist, a black and gray combination, is perfectly suitable for such a low-cost car seat.
- Things We Don’t Love As Much
- Fundamental Safety The Cosco Scenera is in compliance with or surpasses all safety standards set by the federal government and also has Side impact safety. In addition, it doesn’t have any whistles or bells on this vehicle seat. Read also: Quick Quack Car Wash
- Newborn Compatible, Not the most comfortable fit: The Scenera NEXT is suitable for infants of 5 pounds and over without inserts, due to its low shoulder straps. Although it can perform and is technically safe but it’s not the most comfortable fit, and certainly not the best convertible car seat to use for infants generally.
- Standard Rear-Facing Weight Limits: The Scenera NEXT is made for rear-facing up to forty pounds. This is the weight limit that a majority of kids reach between three to five. Due to the narrowness of the seat’s base the longer legs are likely to feel stretched out before kids reach the weight limit. Be aware that regardless of the leg scrunch, the more a child is able to rear-face in a safe manner, the better off they’ll be in the case of collision. (Cue up to 1:30 in this gruesome video for more information.)
- Rethread HarnessThe harness has to be rethreaded each time your baby develops. This is a simple task to accomplish on your Scenera NEXT.
- Restricted ReclineThe officially-approved recline is ideal for infants that can’t sit on their own, however the Scenera NEXT is also placed in a more upright place for toddlers who are older. Sometimes, a pool noodle or towel that has been rolled up is required to attain the right recline angle, in accordance with the manual’s directions.
- Easy to Install
- Latches Securely
- Lasts A Long Time
- Doesn’t Recline In All Vehicles
- Some Toddler May Outgrow It Quickly
- Straps Can Twist
- Little Impact Protection