“I already use video.” This is like saying I know how to speak English because I make sounds with my mouth.
Suppose you have a digital marketing strategy in place. You have a team working side by side to achieve the objectives set by the company: attract more leads, go from 1,000 to 3,000 monthly visits to your website, publish 150 blog posts in the next year and increase sales by 20%. Therefore, personalized email campaigns, relevant blog posts, social media infographics, and a to-do list go up in smoke. But the results remain the same.
The alarm sounds! At this point, you decide to look for a solution.
What is video marketing?
Let’s recap. Video marketing is a digital technology based on the use of audiovisual resources in order to generate content and disseminate it in the digital ecosystem. Do not confuse it with social video, which is created exclusively for dissemination on social networks.
For example: in the Instagram feed, the square video works, and in stories, the vertical one. On YouTube, it is important to have good quality videos, preferably HD (high definition). On Facebook, it is convenient to use subtitles. Publish where you publish, and adapt your audiovisual pieces, always thinking about the target audience.
We have the latest video marketing figures
Did you know that video marketing has a very positive impact on sales and ROI? Next, we tell you with numbers the success of the video format in the last year. We want to make sure your first steps in video marketing are the right ones:
- Video tweets generate 2.5x more replies, 2.8x more retweets, and 1.9x more favorites. ( Postcron )
- When a user sees a video of a product, this piece influences their purchase decision. In fact, Google claims that YouTube is used by more than 55% of consumers as part of their purchasing decisions.
- “54% of consumers want to see more video content from a brand or business they care about” ( HubSpot )
- Video increased in marketing strategies by 92% in 2020, making it the highest percentage since 2015. ( Herbergement )
- Video marketing equals profit. “88% of marketers are satisfied with the ROI of their social media marketing videos.” ( Animoto )
We already have evidence that corroborates the success of video in a marketing strategy. The next step is to know the starting point.
How do I include video marketing in my Inbound strategy?
“The role of video is vital in internet traffic,” “the popularity of video continues to grow,” “the power of video in purchasing decisions,” etc.
How many times have you come across this type of content? Probably a gazillion. Today we have not come to proclaim repetitive formulas. What we want is to tell you how to include video marketing in your Inbound strategy. Take note!
- Where to include it? On landing pages (it can increase the conversion rate by up to 80%), in the subject of an email (the mention of the video in the subject increases the opening rates of the same by 19%, according to HubSpot ), in blogs and networks social.
- What kind of video to make? The options are endless: presentation, corporate, explanatory, tutorial, and live videos. Choose the most appropriate to generate a personalized experience for the public.
- Plan, plan, plan. Make a script, use your cameras, prepare the studio, shoot for editing, organize the material, edit, choose the music, and record the voiceover.
- Start telling your story the way you would write a blog post. Keep it simple and create a list of key information.
- Use your cameras. It does not have to be of the latest generation, possibly you carry a quality camera in your pocket. Just make sure you have enough storage space and consult your camera’s setup manual beforehand.
- Prepare the studio. With a couple of tips, preparing your studio shouldn’t be an ordeal. Look for tricks and effective options so that your audiovisual pieces shine with their own light. You know, basic equipment (we recommend using a tripod), sound (get quality sound accessories), and lighting (place three spotlights in strategic places to envelop the person in light and create a most attractive shadow).
- Film to edit. That is, remember that the recording will be edited later. Understand every step.
- Organize all the material. Although it seems like a boring process, this step can save your project from many mistakes.
- Edit the video. You are halfway to the end of your piece! To edit it, you can use video editing programs. There are many good ones like DaVinci, Lightworks,Canva, FlexClip, etc. Among which you can choose the one that best suits you
- And now, add your talent. The video format is neither new nor exclusive to Inbound Marketing, but thanks to digital transformation, its value has been exponentially enhanced. What has changed is the importance of audiovisual production in communication channels.
If you don’t know where to start, remember that you can always consult your doubts at an agency that specializes in audiovisual production.
Video can be very versatile for sellers throughout the entire sales cycle!
15 video marketing tips
Still not entirely convinced of what video marketing can do for your business? We leave you 15 tips for your strategy to succeed:
- Be original. Video works much better when you tell something that hasn’t been seen before.
- Look for videos that generate interaction. And that users want to share!
- Plan and schedule. You will turn your viewers into loyal followers.
- Don’t go over the minute. Less is more.
- Do not despair with the quality of the video. People value authenticity.
- Create emotional content. The emotional content falls in love and drives action.
- Adapt your videos to the algorithms of your social networks. Each one behaves differently. On Snapchat, ephemeral content prevails. On Facebook, they prevail longer.
- Make the public feel reflected. You will have more chances to share your videos.
- Integrate the video with the rest of your brand. All for one and one for all!
- Make the user the protagonist. Make them feel part of the content.
- Hooked from the first moment. Do not let the user shine in the absence of it.
- Take care of the sound. It is equal to or more important than visual quality.
- Think SEO. Define a good keyword strategy to increase the number of views.
- Use it on your landing pages. Become a conversion machine.
- Measure the success of your video. It is time to do accounts and measure results.
Did you know these video marketing tips? Have them on hand if you want to win over your audience and create content that reaches their hearts. No one wants to share yet another ad.